Car insurance for Volvo cars
Here you find a short summary of our car insurance and what to do in event of an accident.
General information about car insurance
From the very first day you own a car you need car insurance. You choose the cover you need.
Motor third party insurance
The basis of a car insurance policy is Motor third party insurance (trafikförsäkring). This form of insurance covers injuries and damage resulting from use of the car. Motor third party insurance does not compensate damage you cause to your own car or other property you own.
Partial cover car insurance
With Partial Cover Car Insurance (halvförsäkring), the most common forms of damage to the car are compensated.
- Fire – damage caused by fire, lightning or explosion.
- Functional damage – Compensates loss or damage affecting the working of the car.
- Glass – windscreen, side windows or back windows, broken, perforated or cracked.
- Legal aid – pays the cost of legal representative and court costs for certain disputes that involve car ownership.
- Rescue and assistance – compensates towing if the car breaks down or is damaged.
- Theft – loss or damage through theft, misappropriation or attempted theft or misappropriation.
Comprehensive car insurance
Damages from a road accident, other accidents outside the car or from intentional vandalism by third party are compensated if you choose Comprehensive Car Insurance (helförsäkring).
To get a more complete coverage for your car you can add coverage.
- Security package (Trygghetspaketet) - contains rental car insurance, 0 kronor deductible on collision with animals, reduced deductible in case of intentional damage, compensation for damages in the car interior.
- Compensation for deductible on collision with animals (Självriskeliminering vid djurkollision) - 0 kronor deductible on collision with animals and compensation for damaged clothes.
- Volvia Care – provides private specialist medical care, surgery and inpatient care and aftercare both for the driver of the insured car and for the accompanying passengers.
Terms and conditions
In event of an incident
If there is an incident with your car, we will help you to solve the situation.
Below you can see how the claimshandling process works:
- Report the incident – Report the incident by calling us, or contact nearest Volvo workshop.
- You'll be notified – You will be notified by us or the workshop.
- The car is repaired – Your car is repaired with genuine Volvo parts.
- Your car is ready – When the repairing is completed the workshop notifies you.
- Payment – You pay the deductible to the workshop. That's it!